The Cafe and Restaurant businesses provide important gathering places for our community in addition to providing great food and coffees. This year we had five entries with a mixture of small and large business and award winning restaurants and cafes. The common theme of all these entries was the excellent standard of their food. The entries were all very good. The judges for this category had to go through four levels of judging.
See their answers below for “DESCRIBE WHAT YOUR BUSINESS DOES” .
Greenhills On Tweed www.greenhillsontweed.com
- Greenhills On Tweed is a beautifully restored historic Homestead & Function Centre
- Our core business is Weddings, Engagements, Special Occasions, Family Gatherings, Corporate Functions/Events, Sporting Club Events, Wakes, Business Breakfasts
- GOT also offers a TAPAS evening on Fridays and gourmet Sunday lunches
Ju Ju’s Cafe www.facebook.com/ju-jus
At Ju ju’s we think outside the square offering more than just superb food and great coffee
• We offer the community a place to meet, relax and come together in an ambient environment with friendly, welcoming staff
• Ju Ju’s offers a catering service of exceptional quality
• We actively participate in local food events such as Foodie Friday, Tweed Foodie Fest offering $5 & $10 tasting plates that showcase the local produce of the region and our unique style of cuisine.
• We collaborate with local farmers to deliver paddock to plate experiences at the farm gate as an element of the five day Tweed Foodie Fest
• We deliver a fine dining experience in a picturesque setting in the Tweed hinterland as an element of Tweed Fusion
• We support our local economy by using only fresh local produce and sourcing as many of our other supplies from within the region
• We further support our local economy by creating employment opportunities for local residents, primarily youth
• We operate our business in an environmentally friendly manner.
Kathmandu Kitchen kathmandukitchen.com.au
• We are a Nepalese & Tibetan restaurant serving authentic dishes from the Himalayan region of Nepal & Tibet with our Nepalese chef Shankar, who is an award winning chef.
• Kathmandu Kitchen offers take away and dine in meals. We are licensed but also welcome BYO wine.
• We cater for groups. Often these will be special interest groups which may be either fund raising for schools or projects in Nepal or studying the culture there.
• More than the dishes we serve, we focus on the Himalayan dining experience we offer to our diners.
Nam Yeng Vietnamese and Thai Restaurant namyeng.weebly.com
- Nam Yeng is a service provider in the restaurant trade offering the Tweed Region a taste of Vietnamese and Thai Cuisine
- We provide employment and is an active partner of schools in providing youth with skills in the industry.
- We deal with local suppliers and in the local economy in a show of support for our community
Sphinx Rock Cafe www.sphinxrockcafe.com
Supplies quality fresh food
- Best coffee
- Live local music on Sundays
- Caterers for all walks of life