The 2014 Best Professional Service, Education or Training category was sponsored Southern Cross University.
This category contains a whole mix of businesses, from a small one man show to the medium sized businesses to the large business with multiple campuses. It is a tricky category to judge as all the businesses are so different and excel in slightly different ways. There was a tight finish with the judging of this category with two standouts needing to go in for a fifth level of judging. After serious consideration and long discussions the winner was chosen.
See their answers below for “DESCRIBE WHAT YOUR BUSINESS DOES” .
Affordable Wedding and Event Hire www.affordableweddingandeventhire.com
- We are an Event Styling company which caters for any type of function may it be an intimate gathering to the most lavish of events.
We customise packages to meet our clients needs and budgets
- On average 75% of our Cliental are wedding couples where we deliver high quality products and set ups for their ceremony &/or receptions.
- We also cater for corporate events such as the Telstra Business Awards held yearly at Jupiters Casino, Master Builders Business Awards Night and many more.
Altum Accounting www.altumgroup.com.au
Provides a wide range of financial services to the personal, micro and small business and Self Managed Super Funds.
• Income tax return preparation & lodgement.
• BAS return preparation & lodgement.
• Preparation of financial reports for sole traders, micro, small, medium business enterprises.
• Self Managed Super Fund financial management, tax compliance.
• Business strategic planning & implementation.
• Financial planning, wealth management services.
• Mortgage [residential & commercial] & asset acquisition broker services.
• Personal risk insurance [income protection, trauma, term life, PTD].
• Business Exit Planning consultation, strategy development and execution.
North Coast TAFE, Kingscliff Campus – International Education Partnering Study Program www.northcoast.tafensw.edu.au
- North Coast TAFE is the leading provider of vocational education and training on the north coast of New South Wales and attracts many international students to the Tweed area. This not only benefits the billion dollar Australian Education industry but also adds economic value to the Tweed.
- North Coast has an international engagement business plan and strategy, with Kingscliff Campus playing a pivotal role. This campus has a large number of international student approved courses across a wide range of vocational areas plus an accredited English Language Centre. This is one of only two centres in the Tweed Shire and provides English language training for both local non-English Speaking Background (NESB) local students and international students.
- In addition The English Language Centre at Kingscliff campus hosts Study Tours and semester length study abroad programs from a wide range of countries including China, Denmark and Japan.
- This nomination is for our International Education Partnering Study Program. This program is a partnership with AALBORG TEKNISKE GYMNASIUM (ATG), and involves hosting a group of students, ranging in age from 17-19, for a full semester. AALBORG TEKNISKE GYMNASIUM is a Danish senior high school.
- In this program the Danish students undertake an 18 week accredited course at Kingscliff TAFE. This course has been mapped to the senior college Danish Curriculum to ensure a seamless dual international study outcome.
- During the program students are provided with quality education and the ability to explore the Australian culture and lifestyle through planned excursions and activities, including surf safety in the Tweed.
Upside Creative www.upsidecreative.com.au